Precision engineering the total solution?
What is precision engineering?
Precision engineering is a method of producing components with the highest degree of accuracy. Precision engineering practices ensure that parts are manufactured to an exacting set of specifications with very little deviance. This allows parts to be mass produced, virtually identical to each other.
How is precision engineering achieved?
High standards of engineering aren’t just a result of using a certain type of machine. Success is attributed to the process as a whole, from the very early component design stage, through prototyping and full volume production, to quality control.
Why do you need it?
It can enable you to achieve the highest level of product performance. You can improve accuracy and reliability, whilst also extend the life of the part. So you can have total confidence in the performance of your parts and have peace of mind that they won’t fail on the end user.
What is the total precision engineering solution?
The total precision engineering solution is a single source for everything required to manufacture components. At Dawson Shanahan, we have everything in house to turn your concept or idea into a carefully designed and expertly produced product. Whether you need cold forming, machining or value added services such as laser marking, we’re a one-stop-shop for your engineering requirements.
What are the benefits of the total precision engineering solution?
There is a wide range of benefits to opting for the total precision engineering solution. Of these, five key points stand out:
- Simplicity – Working with one supplier instead of two or three makes managing the process easier
- Faster turnaround times – Making the process more efficient speeds up turnaround times
- Lower costs – Handing a single supplier multiple tasks can provide a cost saving opportunity through economies of scale
- Part optimisation – A single supplier can identify opportunities to optimise part designs, enabling the finish and strength of components to be improved
- Removal of secondary production operations – Instead of a multi-supplier process whereby more than one manufacturing method is employed, a single supplier could opt for one process instead.
How can we help you?
Through our unrivalled level of knowledge and experience, we can help you develop components of the highest standard that meet your exact requirements. We specialise in cold forming and machining in many different metals, including copper, aluminium and ferrous, plus a variety of exotic materials, and possess the expertise and skills required to engineer innovative solutions to match the volumes you need.
Get in touch today to learn more about our total precision engineering solution.